Linking patients together for Family Billing allows family members to share credits on account as well as be arrived & checked out together; thereby speeding up the check out process. Linking families also enables users to view all family members in the patient window & quick navigation for booking appointments.
Tip! Determine who Head of Household should be, this is normally the person that is paying or comes in often with the other family members.
Patients -> Patient/Family Billing Setup
1. Search "Head of Household".
2. Select "Relationship & Related To", confirm correct Price Level.
3. Click [Process].
Note: When a Family Billing has been set up, the family member will appear in the list with a letter 'B' next to their name, when the Head of Household is the Active Patient.
Tip! Blue fill, in the A/R and the 3rd Party A/R fields, indicates that 'Family Billing' exists.
Tip! A family billing will automatically create a 'Relationship' in Patient Tracker. This is separate from the Family Billing and is simply for information purposes and for grouping family members together. A Relationship can be added manually by following the steps below:
1. Click [green +] to add a new Relationship
2. Use the dropdown to select the applicable relationship type (i.e. Wife to Husband)
3. Use the Search function to find the patient to which your current patient has the relationship with
4. Click [Save] to save the new relationship
5. Click [Save] in Patient Tracker to save the change
When a patient has been linked to another patient by adding a 'Relationship', they will now appear as a group under the Active Patient.
Note: In the example below, only a 'Relationship' exists, not a Family Billing. If it were a Family Billing, there would be a 'B' next to the name.
Patients -> Split Patient/Family Billing Setup
1. Select patients you wish to split.
2. Click [Split Selected Family Member from Head of Household].
Tip! Whoever is Head of Household will be the recipient of emailed receipts.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call toll free at 855.509.1111
Training video's and webinars can be accessed directly through ChiroSUITE!
Help->ChiroSUITE Help Videos
Check out our Facebook page for AMAZING weekly tips and tricks!