3rd Party billings that have been declined or partially paid that were not dealt with in the 3rd Party Receive Payments screen will end up in the 3rd Party Reconciliation Wizard. This article will step you through the process of writing off the difference.
Billing -> 3rd Party Reconciliation Wizard
The first box, Step 1, will appear with the 3rd Party Payor types to reconcile, highlight one type or [ALL] > [Next].
Step 2 & 3 leave at the defaults and just click [Next].
Step 4, double click on the Patient/Amount you wish to address, or single click and [Reconcile]
Next, the 'Reconciliation Wizard - Reconcile Partial/Refused Payments' screen is displayed. This is where you will reconcile the item selected.
1. This section displays the billing amount, the date and information on what amount was paid. Verify that the 'Bill Info' and the 'Pay Info' are correct.
2. These are the actions that can be taken for the billing. Click [Writeoff Diff].
The bottom of the screen displays the writeoff details.
Date: We always recommend leaving dates and NOT back dating. If you are changing the date, make sure you are aware of how this affects your data for reporting, which will affect paying practitioners and balancing.
Reason for writeoff - You MUST fill in a 'Reason for writeoff' before continuing.
3. Click [Next] if you have more billings to deal with or [Finish] if you are done. This returns you to the main screen.
4. In Step 4, the action you took on the billing(s) will display in the 'Action' column, make sure it is correct. [Next] to proceed.
5. [Process Reconciliation Changes].
6. Preview/Print if required
The write off billing will display on the SOA as shown below, under both the 'Patient Transactions (All)' tab and 'Third Party Payments' tab.
To generate a write off report go to Reports -> A/R Reports -> Write-Offs by Date Range.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call toll free at 855.509.1111
Training video's and webinars can be accessed directly through ChiroSUITE!
Help->ChiroSUITE Help Videos
Check out our Facebook page for AMAZING weekly tips and tricks!